Korean Natural Farming: BMW: Bacterial Mineral Water
Source: Rooftop Ecology.
10. Bacteria Mineral Water (BMW)
(1.) What is BMW?
It is not an overstatement to say that one farms with water. Water is not merely moisture, for there are also various minerals in water which affect the life of the crops. To obtain sources for clean and good water is a basic necessity in farming. In some countries, including Japan, they are actually selling specially processed water for agriculture or stockbreeding. This signifies the importance of water. Even the harvest yield and its quality depend on the water.
Manufacturers have complicated ways of explaining their products, however the the basic principles of making good water are simple; make the water particles smaller for better absorption and to condition with minerals and microorganisms. This can be made by you!
The minerals and IMO’s in the rocks will dissolve into the water and you will get treated water for agricultural use that is rich in minerals, microorganisms and oxygen.
(2.) How to make BMW
1. Dig a pond of 120cm depth.
2. Cover with plastic sheet to hold water.
3. Make waterfall equipment above the pond.
4. Prepare variety of rocks (elvan must be included); break them with a hammer so they have sharp edges.
5. Put the rocks in a steel sack.
6. Put the IMO3 in a cotton cloth sack.
7. Secure both sacks so that they are just below the surface. The appropriate location of IMO would be where the water goes through the sacks and creates a whirlpool.
8. Let the waterfall smash down on the rocks.
9. At first, the IMO sack will drown. But after a while, the sack will float. This is when the material inside should be changed.
(3) How to use BMW
BMW can be used for many purposes. You can give directly to crops or animals. This will cure chicken or pig diarrhea caused by drinking water. Adding seawater (1/30) will improve the water quality because it is rich in salt and various minerals. When there is a drought, this water can be used for irrigation. It makes the crops endure drought better and makes them healthier. If there is an odor in livestock housing or when the fermentation of their feces is slow, the BMW may be used as a drink or sprayed on the floor. The odor will disappear and the floor will become clean.
Koreans called water coming out from between rocks “medicine water” and the water that ran through the humus of valleys “ginseng water”. This is because that water had special effects. BMW was developed in order to make this artificially and utilize it.